Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is there a way to lock a custom form for editing? And Is there a way to audit field updates on a custom form?

Level 4

For example, I'm running a project but want to lock the custom form to prohibit editing from other users who have access.

And the second question, I want an audit log of fields that were changed. What was the original input and what is the new input? I know we can do that in the updates stream by turning that feature on for the field, but didn't know if there was an actual auditing tool/function in place.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

In Setup>Interface>Update Feeds, you can add built-in or custom fields to the uppdate feed.

To lock parts of a form, you can add a Section Break and define who can see and/or edit fields underneath that Section.

Level 10

Hi Lila,

In addition to Randy's suggestion, I invite you to also consider this Targeted Auditing Proof Of Concept, which -- if it better suits your requirements -- you could adapt to "watch and log" one or more specific custom parameters of interest.

Regards,

Doug