Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Is there a way to link to or display Project Details within the Proof Approval notification email?

Level 5

I am looking to see if there is a way to link to or display the Project Details page of the particular project from the Proof Approval notification email. Or if anyone has any suggestions on how they handle this...

Some of our executives who are only utilizing Workfront to approve proofs that are sent to them, are wanting to know the details and background around the request/project as they are reviewing. Without having to teach them how to navigate throughout the system to find the Project Details and back to the proof manually, we are looking for a way to get them that information with a click of a button.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Kasey,

I'm not aware of a way to automatically pull in a link or display the project details page within a proof approval notification. I can however provide some alternative options:

• Your users could send a custom email message when generating the proof and manually put a link to the project details page within the custom message.
  • On the proof notification message that us sent to your execs, there will be a link called 'view details'. Clicking on this link will take the user to the documents area of where the proof was uploaded, where they can easily navigate to the project from the breadcrumb trail at the top of the screen (assuming you are on the new exp)

0694X00000CIoX3QAL.png

• Assuming your executives have a reviewer license, you could build a proof approval report as a central place for them to go to find all proofs that have been assigned to them to approve. You could add a custom column to this report whch will provide a hyperlink that they can click which will take them directly to the project details page. The following code in a proof approval report would provide that link (just replace YOURDOMAIN with the domain of your WF instance:

displayname=Link To Project Overview

textmode=true

valueexpression=CONCAT( "https://YOURDOMAIN.my.workfront.com/project/",{documentVersion}.{document}.{projectID},"/overview")

valueformat=HTML

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Kasey,

I'm not aware of a way to automatically pull in a link or display the project details page within a proof approval notification. I can however provide some alternative options:

• Your users could send a custom email message when generating the proof and manually put a link to the project details page within the custom message.
  • On the proof notification message that us sent to your execs, there will be a link called 'view details'. Clicking on this link will take the user to the documents area of where the proof was uploaded, where they can easily navigate to the project from the breadcrumb trail at the top of the screen (assuming you are on the new exp)

0694X00000CIoX3QAL.png

• Assuming your executives have a reviewer license, you could build a proof approval report as a central place for them to go to find all proofs that have been assigned to them to approve. You could add a custom column to this report whch will provide a hyperlink that they can click which will take them directly to the project details page. The following code in a proof approval report would provide that link (just replace YOURDOMAIN with the domain of your WF instance:

displayname=Link To Project Overview

textmode=true

valueexpression=CONCAT( "https://YOURDOMAIN.my.workfront.com/project/",{documentVersion}.{document}.{projectID},"/overview")

valueformat=HTML

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 5

Thank you SO much for the quick response!!! I just added the Project Overview column to our proof reports which is definitely a big help! I will also test our your other 2 suggestions as well. Really appreciate it!