Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!
SOLVED

Is there a way to categorize Issues for reporting?

Level 2

Hello Workfront Community,

Is there a way to to categorize issues for reporting. We want to be able to create a report that groups issues based on a category or type. This way we can see trends and provide training to resolve certain types of issues that occur frequently.

If we can't categorize issues, is that a way to group them in a report based a word or phrase in the description that we can group in a report.

Thanks in advance for any help!

John Weiss

Workfront Admin

Follett LLC

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi John,

If you're using Queue Topics, you can pull them directly into an Issue report by pulling the Queue Topic Name (queueTopic:name) into a field. You can then group by the field.

0694X00000DVsp6QAD.png

Alternatively, if you could try the Request Type (Topic Type shown above) field if you have associated them distinctly with the types of request.

0694X00000DVspLQAT.png

Hope this helps,

Teale

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi John,

If you're using Queue Topics, you can pull them directly into an Issue report by pulling the Queue Topic Name (queueTopic:name) into a field. You can then group by the field.

0694X00000DVsp6QAD.png

Alternatively, if you could try the Request Type (Topic Type shown above) field if you have associated them distinctly with the types of request.

0694X00000DVspLQAT.png

Hope this helps,

Teale

Level 2

Thanks for the reply Teale. We don't currently use Queue Topics. The issues that I want to report on are project issues that do not go into a queue. I created a test project and created some test queue topics within the project. Moving forward I would think I would put them into the project template. I couldn't find where I could assign a queue topic when creating a project based issue. Id appreciate it if someone could provide a little more information to help me out.

Thanks in advance.

John Weiss

Level 2

Thank you so much Teale. I am using Queue groups and topics to categorize project based issues and have created a report that groups by topics so we can look at trends that may lead to a change in process or more training for our users.

Thanks!

John W.

Level 3

@John Weiss‚ I just came across this thread and I'm looking to create a similar report. I'd love to know more about what you've set up and how this has been working for you.