Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Is there a way to automatically associate a "Program" custom form with any program within a specific Portfolio?

Level 4

I've created a 'Program' custom form with several fields. I know I can bulk-edit existing programs within a portfolio to include/set the values for the custom fields. We'd also like to have this custom form automatically included in any new program that is created within that specific portfolio (ideally), or at least have it included for any new program created, if it's not possible to limit it to a specific portfolio.

Is that possible? Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Employee

Hi Carolyn,

You can add an existing Program Custom Form to any new Program you are creating, but there is not a way to make the custom form automatically populate. Our "Create a program" article on Workfront One has more information on this topic that you may find helpful.

Level 10

Hi - yeah, I don't know a way (without using the API or Fusion) to automatically add a custom form to a program when it is created. If you are seeing that people are not attaching the custom form when creating a new program, I would recommend a report that automatically delivers to you and/or the Portfolio manager that lets you know there is a program without the form. As you mentioned, you can bulk edit, so if you have a lot of programs, it is still only two steps.

The filter for the Program report will be portfolio ID equals (portfolio you are talking about) and Category ID is blank.

I have something similar for portfolios. We have a custom form that needs to be attached that has a bunch of calculated fields. Most of the time, the email is empty, but it is easy to edit if there are portfolio that need updating.

Level 4

Thanks @Hannah Houston‚ and @Anthony Imgrund‚ for your replies! It would certainly be incredibly helpful to be able to 'assign' a custom form to a specific value at a level above (e.g., assign a Program custom form to a specific Portfolio, or a Project custom form to a specific program or portfolio, etc.) I'll hunt around to see if there is an Idea to upvote.

Level 4

@Carolyn Glendening‚

Did you find this on the Idea Lab or create one? I searched, but couldn't find this specific need. Let me know so I can upvote or create it. Thank you!