Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is it possible to report out tasks sorted by each resource assigned to it?

Level 2

I have a report that shows all in-progress tasks by resource for all projects. The issue is with tasks that have multiple resources assigned to them. The report only shows that task under one of the assigned resources. That task does not show under the other assigned resources. I want the task to show up under each resource's name. We want to use this report to drive a daily scrum for the team. I know the issue is that Assigned allows for multiple values. But, there has to be a way to have a report that shows which tasks each resource is working on. Does anyone have something like this? I tried to drive this from the Assigned table but it does not allow me access to the task table.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Chris,

Hmm. It sounds like you're on the right track by building an Assignment report, in which you could then (for example) group by User Name and show a column for the Task Name.

Regards,

Doug

Chris,

I agree with Doug, special times call for special actions. Using a project, or projects, to track this information is probably going to be the easiest way to track it now, and to be able to report on it later if needed.

Regards,

Andy

Level 6

Are you or have you considered using an Agile Team and filtering in the Team view by user on the Kanban board?