Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Is it possible to group a report by 'Can Start'?

Level 2

I am trying to create a task report that shows the number of tasks assigned to a couple of team members week by week. I want to group their tasks by "Can Start" to see the breakdown of tasks that are ready to start versus those that aren't, but the report is not allowing me to add a grouping for that specific field. Is there a way to do that in text mode?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Madalyn_Destafney @LaramieNewbs @christinequick @Shannon_Walker 

Based on the glossary of Adobe Workfront terminology

• Ready - This field on a task report indicates whether an Agile task has been marked as Ready on the backlog. This flag only applies to Agile tasks, which are tasks assigned to an Agile team.
  • Can Start - This field indicates whether a task is ready to start to be worked on. If the start is ready to be worked on the Can Start field on the task is set to True. For more information, see "Can Start" overview for tasks (the latter link covering all the nuances there such as predecessors, parents, etc.)

In the API Explorer, Can Start is called out as being not groupable - it is a boolean field. HOWEVER, on your task report if you switch to text mode in the grouping area, you can paste the following and that will group the results by Can Start = True or False. For whatever reason, you can still add a chart, and it will show as Can Start as your Bottom (x) axis. See example below

group.0.valueformat=HTML
group.0.valuefield=canStart
group.0.displayname=Can Start

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 5.27.45 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 5.27.54 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 5.28.03 PM.png

   

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Yup, don't even need text mode! In your grouping, you can group by planned completion date by week, then a grouping for 'ready'. If you just type 'ready' in the grouping option you'll see task/ready is an option. This is the same as 'can start' to use in report columns, just named differently for grouping for some reason.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Thank you! That is an odd experience; I even tried grouping by "Can start" by clicking on the column, and it flashed an error. I wouldn't have thought to look for "Ready." 

Level 2

Did you get this to work? I added "Ready" and received all False results, even on tasks that were ready to start.

Level 1

I am also getting these results on my report. I would love to hear if others got this to work successfully. 

Community Advisor

Well now I'm confused too after doing some testing on my end. Cannot find anything in Documentation about Ready vs. Can Start, it seems like we're experiencing that they are different to WF. @NicholeVargas , my reporting guru, any thoughts on this?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Madalyn_Destafney @LaramieNewbs @christinequick @Shannon_Walker 

Based on the glossary of Adobe Workfront terminology

• Ready - This field on a task report indicates whether an Agile task has been marked as Ready on the backlog. This flag only applies to Agile tasks, which are tasks assigned to an Agile team.
  • Can Start - This field indicates whether a task is ready to start to be worked on. If the start is ready to be worked on the Can Start field on the task is set to True. For more information, see "Can Start" overview for tasks (the latter link covering all the nuances there such as predecessors, parents, etc.)

In the API Explorer, Can Start is called out as being not groupable - it is a boolean field. HOWEVER, on your task report if you switch to text mode in the grouping area, you can paste the following and that will group the results by Can Start = True or False. For whatever reason, you can still add a chart, and it will show as Can Start as your Bottom (x) axis. See example below

group.0.valueformat=HTML
group.0.valuefield=canStart
group.0.displayname=Can Start

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 5.27.45 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 5.27.54 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 5.28.03 PM.png

   

Community Advisor

Thank you, Nichole! So weird that can't natively group by this field. Thanks for the text mode and for enlightening me on the difference between Ready and Can Start!