Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Is it possible to create in-line approval buttons for issue and/or task lists?

Level 2

This seems like it would have been asked before, but I've had no luck with my searches. It would be handy to be able to have approval buttons as a column in task and/or issue lists, so approvers on tasks/issues could do their approvals directly from a report. Is such a thing possible?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Matthew -

I accomplish this by creating a calculated field that points directly to the Approvals Tab and place the link in a report like this...

0694X00000ArGBdQAN.png

Here's the column valueexpression - valueexpression=IF({status}="REQ:A",IF(ISBLANK({YOUR CUSTOM CALCULATED FIELD NAME HERE}),"","Approve/Reject"))

Here's the calculation in the calculated field - CONCAT("https://YOUR INSTANCE HERE","/","project/view?ID=",ID,"&activeTab=tab-project-approvals")

Users love this in a project report because they can review everything in one place and still make the decision or comment if more information is needed.

Best -

Teale

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 7

We have asked about this as well and currently I don't believe this functionality exists. I tried searching the idea exchange and nothing came up - maybe you could add it back in there?

Level 10

Has anyone submitted something to Idea Exchange?

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Matthew -

I accomplish this by creating a calculated field that points directly to the Approvals Tab and place the link in a report like this...

0694X00000ArGBdQAN.png

Here's the column valueexpression - valueexpression=IF({status}="REQ:A",IF(ISBLANK({YOUR CUSTOM CALCULATED FIELD NAME HERE}),"","Approve/Reject"))

Here's the calculation in the calculated field - CONCAT("https://YOUR INSTANCE HERE","/","project/view?ID=",ID,"&activeTab=tab-project-approvals")

Users love this in a project report because they can review everything in one place and still make the decision or comment if more information is needed.

Best -

Teale

Level 2

Thanks for the sample. It's not exactly what I was hoping for, but does seem to be an acceptable workaround until WF adds the feature.

I'll also be posting it in the Idea Exchange, just in case.

Level 2

It's such a bummer that this doesn't work as designed anymore; mainly because the friendly URL visual text breaks the link so it's no longer clickable.

Do we know if this is just a bug right now and the ability to will come back OR if this is the new normal? Conditional formatting to change the visual no longers works either...