Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

In request queue, how can I directly make assignment to a group not a individual person?

Level 3

See below snapshot
1.  I can make assignment to one people, but cannot to a group

2. but when I click the "X" to remove that people, it will leave and show up the group name there

3. My question is how can I make assignment to a group not an individual? many thanks!

01.png02.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @JerryWu - On the request queue project, you can enable Job Role or Teams to show as options in the Assignments box of the request queue.

VictoriaLinn_2-1698158306994.pngVictoriaLinn_3-1698158336749.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

this is not group what you are pointing at, it's job role.
you can define default job role in Routing rules on project where this request queue is setup, e.g.

Rafal_Bainie_0-1697792756899.png

this will be added to request once it is submitted

Level 3

Hi Rafal, you are right, I would like to assign a request to Job role not group, but I tried your method with adding new routing rules and add program manager as default job role, but it cannot show up when i made request, not sure why? could you show me your steps? thanks!01.png02.png

Community Advisor

You can only assign to a person, job role, or team. You can not assign to a group. When you assign a user to an object and remove them from the assignment, it will default it back to a job role.

Level 3

Hello KellieGardner, sorry, I wanted to assign to job role, not it doesn't work, only can to a individual, do you have any insight for that?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @JerryWu - On the request queue project, you can enable Job Role or Teams to show as options in the Assignments box of the request queue.

VictoriaLinn_2-1698158306994.pngVictoriaLinn_3-1698158336749.png

Level 3

thanks a lot, VictoriaLinn! I fixed the issue now. Appreciate your help!