Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!
SOLVED

Is it possible to build a report to display projects that are shared with specific teams or groups?

Level 3

I am trying to build a report to pull in all projects that are shared with a specific team or group. Is there a way to do this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The answer from this old post will also work with teams and groups.

https://one.workfront.com/s/question/0D50z00006Z3PNOCA3/report-showing-projects-shared-with-user

Just substitute the GUID of the team or group for the $$user.id part.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 7

That would be ideal Trisha... Unfortunately I only see the ability to report on Shared With rather than being able to filter on it.

Level 2

Please use the Exist syntax to filter:

EXISTS:A:$$OBJCODE=TEAMMB

EXISTS:A:teamID=$$USER.teamIDs

EXISTS:A:userID=FIELD:assignedToID

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Ashutosh

Level 7

Hi Trisha,

I needed to do this once while troubleshooting an access issue, and wound up building a project report with no filters at all, and then doing a 'run this report with the access rights of' where the user I chose was configured to be part of only the problem Group. Crude and far from automated, but useful for quick troubleshooting.

For a slightly better option, under the Filter section there is a 'Project User' menu. There you could write a filter to say 'Show me all projects where the home group of a user on the project is Finance' etc. This does layer a little interestingly though. It's not looking at the Team or Group, but at the membership of each actual user with access to the project. So if you say 'Group XYZ', and a project is explicitly shared to 'Team ABC' of which one of the members is with 'Group XYZ', then that project will come up in that list.

As I understand the architecture, assigning security to a group or team isn't really giving it to that team perse, it's simply short-hand for 'give this access to anyone with this designation'.

There might be text mode trickery that would take this another level, perhaps someone with that skill will chime in next?

Katherine

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The answer from this old post will also work with teams and groups.

https://one.workfront.com/s/question/0D50z00006Z3PNOCA3/report-showing-projects-shared-with-user

Just substitute the GUID of the team or group for the $$user.id part.

Level 3

Thank you for your response. That is definitely helpful to know. However, I don't want the report to change based on who the logged in user is. I would like it to change based on the teams the logs in users is a part of. The goal would be that the report is used by a leader and his team members and contains all the projects that have been shared with the specific teams that have been created and assigned to his teams user in workfront. We would want this report to show the list of projects that have been shared with any of his 4 teams in Workfront.

His teams are;

Core Services

Service Delivery

Network Operations

Contact Center

We tried adding adding the leader as a user of the project team and that works but not sure if that is the best solution. I would like the report to be static to his group and show all projects shared with any of his 4 teams so he has a comprehensive list of projects that his teams are concerned about or a part of.

Community Advisor

hi, I mentioned above that you would use the same code and just insert the GUID of the team or group. I suppose if you have several teams, you could use OR clauses between them, something like this:

accessRules:accessorID=<Guid for the Service Delivery team goes here>

accessRules:accessorID_Mod=cicontains

OR:1:accessRules:accessorID=<Guid for the Core Services team goes here>

OR:1:accessRules:accessorID_Mod=cicontains

and so on.

Level 3

Okay I see what you mean. I'll give that a try.