Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is it possible to assign a resolvable object (task or project) to a request at creation?

Level 2

I'm building a change management queue for our IT teams to utilise. My overall workflow idea is to have a central queue running which all of the team can work in which we can report on centrally. These may or may not be associated with projects or tasks within WF.

I've got a custom form to collect additional data and built some reporting that works well.

However, I can only add the resolved by relationship to the appropriate task/project after creation:

0694X00000CHwyPQAT.jpgIs there a way of doing this when the request is entered at the queue, this would be a much cleaner process?

Thanks!

Rich

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Rich,

I don't believe this is possible. If you need to link an issue to an existing task / project in Workfront, you can only do this post creation of the issue. If however you are creating a brand new task / project off the back of an issue being submitted, you can convert the issue into a project / task which will automatically set the resolvable object to the originating issue.

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Rich,

I don't believe this is possible. If you need to link an issue to an existing task / project in Workfront, you can only do this post creation of the issue. If however you are creating a brand new task / project off the back of an issue being submitted, you can convert the issue into a project / task which will automatically set the resolvable object to the originating issue.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 2

Hi Rich

Thanks very much! Will most likely go the route to convert to task, think that will work for us.

Thanks!