Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is anyone converting their Agile teams into Planned Hours or Actual Hours?\nI want to be able to use the Resource Planner, Workload Balancer, and Scenario Planner to their fullest abilities.\nthanks,\nElizabeth

Level 2

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi - for the few agile teams that we have, we have always used planned hours instead of points. To help with the RM tools, we will make the duration of the tasks the length of the iteration (usually 2 weeks for us) so the hours are distributed across the whole iteration and not just all piled on the last day.

However, as you might know, this is not the most accurate because it assumes the person is working a little bit on every task the 10 days. But it gives the RM a general idea how much time that iteration/team is taking of the person's time.

They just started it so I don't know the results, but one of my Dev teams (since they are only agile) is having each person go in and contour their own hours to what they are planning to work on for the day in the Workload Balancer after the daily stand up. I haven't had a group try that approach before so I'll let you know how it works out. ;)

Hope all that helps