Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!
SOLVED

Integrating Workfront Fusion with Azure DevOps

Level 2

Hi all,

To anyone experienced with the subject, how easy or difficult it is and does it work faithfully and at scale? Can someone please point me to any good set of documentation on this subject with steps to follow and approach etc? Thanks..

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi Shantanu,

It's something that we've been exploring for over a year internally. From what I've seen, it is possible to connect the two systems. We've had discussions with Adobe and an integration partner and for what we'd be looking to accomplish (according to the partner) is about a year to fully setup to connect projects/tasks and hours. The biggest gain for us would be brining in hours worked from ADO to WF. However our IT agile teams are each doing their own implementation of agile so each team basically needs it's own bespoke connector setup. 

There isn't a lot of documentation out there on WF Fusion to ADO. I'd suggest reaching out to your Adobe rep for more info. There is a quick video they should have "Workfront Fusion for IT PMO - Azure Dev Ops Example (1).mp4" that they can share. it's about 4 minutes long but does show that the connection does work.

If you do get Fusion, I'd love to know what your experience with it is like. Without a trial it's hard to know for sure if it's the best fit for us.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi Shantanu,

It's something that we've been exploring for over a year internally. From what I've seen, it is possible to connect the two systems. We've had discussions with Adobe and an integration partner and for what we'd be looking to accomplish (according to the partner) is about a year to fully setup to connect projects/tasks and hours. The biggest gain for us would be brining in hours worked from ADO to WF. However our IT agile teams are each doing their own implementation of agile so each team basically needs it's own bespoke connector setup. 

There isn't a lot of documentation out there on WF Fusion to ADO. I'd suggest reaching out to your Adobe rep for more info. There is a quick video they should have "Workfront Fusion for IT PMO - Azure Dev Ops Example (1).mp4" that they can share. it's about 4 minutes long but does show that the connection does work.

If you do get Fusion, I'd love to know what your experience with it is like. Without a trial it's hard to know for sure if it's the best fit for us.

Level 2

Thank you. That helps, I will get in touch with our Adobe rep. 

Level 2

hi @HeenaShirke, no, I didn't have to pursue on this further as the project dropped this requirement later. So ...