Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Inconsistency in how hyperlinks work

Community Advisor
I may be late to the party on noticing this. When I click a URL that has been entered into a custom form field, the URL opens in a new browser tab. But when I click a URL that has been entered into an update comment, the page I'm on moves to that new URL. I'm so used to right-clicking on any URL and opening in a new tab, that I've never noticed it. But I have a couple users complaining about the inconsistency. Is this a common issues for your users? Is there an idea exchange item already that I should be up-voting before I create a new one?
4 Replies

Level 10

I haven't noticed this as we don't use it that much, but any link within Workfront ought to open a new tab so that you don't lose your spot in the project or task. I would upvote this, unless the answer winds up being that it's a setting in the browser?0690z000007ZhanAAC.png

Level 10
Hi Heather and Jill, For best results, I'd suggest training yourself and others to use Ctrl+click to ensure a hyperlink opens in a new tab. In a related story... At a New Workfront Experience meeting this week, the product team confirmed its intention to honor the standard browser hyperlink behavior (eg on a PC in Chrome, Ctrl+click or Shift+click to open the link in a new browser tab or a new browser instance), and as their new Workfront Tabs are released, to use Alt+click to start a new Workfront tab). Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 3
Hi @Heather Kulbacki , I actually noticed this prior to LEAP and mentioned it to my AE. I'm glad that you're noticing this, too. It changed in the last several weeks, I believe. We use GSuite for everything, and I typically DON'T right-click because clicking those links have historically opened a new tab. I'd happily up-vote if you create the ticket. I'm sure this was just an oversight and should be a quick fix. Thanks for posting about this! Brandon Hamm Bravo Group

Community Advisor
@Brandon Hamm I found this in the idea exchange for hyperlink consistency and upvoted it. But from @Doug Den Hoed 's comment it sounds like they are already working in that direction. > https://experience.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000PSs9AAG/detail