Expand my Community achievements bar.

Pulling Primary Contact into a Project View

Level 7
Hello friends! At some point I will get to a place where I answer more questions than I ask, but not today ‚òª. I've been playing with collections and references to try and get the Primary Contact of a request/issue to show in a Project View, but with no success. Is there an easier way to do this? Is there a way to get any issue information into the project w/o creating a project form and calculating the fields? thanks! Brandon Pritchard System Administrator iNHouse Marketing - Nationwide pritcb1@nationwide.com
6 Replies

Level 10
are you talking about the resolving project of an issue? (In other words the issue closure is linked to the project closure?) Or just any issue that is sitting in that project? -skye

Level 9
We have this question in our agency - my solve was to create an 'Original Request' tab on the project. It's a report, housed on a dashboard with the dashboard added as a custom tab on the layout template. It provides the link to the original request, who the requestor was, date, description, and members of the project team assigned. You could swap out or add requestor to this. Request name: link.linkproperty.0.name=ID link.linkproperty.0.valuefield=ID link.linkproperty.0.valueformat=string link.lookup=link.view link.value=val(objCode) listsort=HTML(name) namekey=name querysort=name stretch=100 textmode=true valuefield=convertedOpTaskName valueformat=HTML width=300 Requested by: displayname=Requested by: textmode=true valuefield=convertedOpTaskOriginator:name valueformat=HTML Project team members: displayname=Project Members Assigned: listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(projectUsers).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=CONCAT({user}.{name}," - ",{user}.{role}.{name}) valueformat=HTML Christina Jarosz Ascensus

Level 7
Skye - yes, I was referring to the original issue requestor and the resolving project. Christina has got me fixed up. Christina - The "Requested By" text is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you! My next question is.....how the hell did you know to use "valuefield=convertedOpTaskOriginator:name"? I get that "optask" is the issue and I am looking for the "name", but how did you figure to use "converted" and "originator"? From the reporting classes I took and sessions I have been in, my best guess was something like, "valuefield=opTasks:enteredBy:name". Was this sort of tribal knowledge?? or did you learn those triggers through some sort of training or help article? Brandon Pritchard System Administrator iNHouse Marketing - Nationwide pritcb1@nationwide.com

Level 7
Hi Brandon, You can use the API explorer to see how different objects interact with each other in the database: https://experience.workfront.com/s/article/API-Explorer In this case, you would go to the Project object, Fields, convertedOpTaskOriginatorID. From there, you can remove ID and replace with :name. (I am pretty certain we have a help article about the ID -> :name portion somewhere.) Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 10
The support site is also rife with helpful code. title= >https://experience.workfront.com/s/topic/0TO0z0000000c8XGAQ/custom-view-filter-grouping-samples?tabs... In particular the "view originating issue details for tasks and projects" section was really helpful for this kind of information. -skye

Level 7
Son ova biscuit!!! Flew right passed that one Dustin. lol. This page is very helpful. Thank you both! Brandon Pritchard System Administrator iNHouse Marketing - Nationwide pritcb1@nationwide.com