Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

I was wondering if any users have the Workfront plugin for Jira? What was your experience?\nMy company is attempting to install the plugin, but the cloud platform engineer had some concerns. I'm adding his response below in the details.

Level 2

"We are moving to the Data Center Editions for Jira. Unfortunately, the Workfront Plugin is not certified for the Data Center edition which is common with the free apps since they are not usually tested for scale. We will reach out to vendor and see what they say about support options and ability for the app to scale to see if they will support it on the Data Center edition.

In any case, I have some concerns about installing this app because the reviews for the Cloud offering are terrible, and I do not want to install something that is error prone and has to be frequently reconfigured to make work. There are no reviews for the Server versions of this plugin so it’s hard to say precisely."

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Following - we're not currently using it, but we've talked about it so I like to stay up to date on other's thoughts.

Level 4

We are using it and it works very well, but our Jira admin was really hesitant to setup a Jira admin account specifically for the plugin use. Apparently not best practice, security-wise, or common with integrations like this that it would need an account with that much access?

Level 4

My client tried it for a while but it didn't seem robust and they stopped using it. I did some testing and it looked like the existence of a due date in the transfer from WF to Jira was problematic. Base fields such as task name may be ok.