Expand my Community achievements bar.

I'm trying to find the best to way organize our requests and am hitting roadblocks when accessing the WF guides.

Level 2

I'm trying to find the best to way organize our requests and am hitting roadblocks when accessing the WF guides.

Is there a way to add sections, much like the Open and Closed sections in the screen shot to help better organize the requests.

Example I want a sections for:

• New Creative Services Requests
  • New Email Requests
  • Assigned Requests
  • Closed Requests

Thanks for your help

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Employee

Hey Jenny,

I'm going to tag a few people who I know have discussed requests a bit on the community in the past. Maybe they have some ideas for you.

@Jill Ackerman‚ @Heather Kulbacki‚ do you guys have some suggestions for Jenny??

Thank you in advance!

Kyna

Level 10
Hi I’m not sure what you mean by sections, but I find the best way to organize requests is by “category.” Each category is defined by the form the user submits with the request. So even if the form is the same for creative services and email (for example) I would duplicate the form and rename it so that you have 2 categories. That way you can make reports separating requests by category and you can also have different routing rules and drop downs in your request setup. The order of events to setup a request queue is: Routing Rules Queue Details Queue Topics Topic Groups If you follow it in that order you will be able to have different forms and routing rules and a pretty clean way for requests to be submitted. Hope this helps.

Level 2

Hi Jill, The Creative Requests and the Email Requests are separate forms. :-)

Can you direct me to the instructions on how to set up Categories?

Level 10
In the Setup area in Custom Forms you create forms using fields that already exist, and you can make your own fields. This is how the people submitting a request give you the exact information you require to respond to the request. Then you can attach the forms to the requests in the Queue Setup. I suggest you read up on Custom Forms in the help screen to better understand forms. Each form becomes a “category” so that everyone that submits a request using the Email Form that you create can be grouped together. So name your forms with care ‚Äì those are the category names!

Level 2

Hi Jill, I circled back with my manager who built the request forms and she posed this question -- "The question is really about the “All Requests” tab and if we can have separate requests." -- Meaning, can we have separate request Categories.

Community Advisor

what you are asking about is best addressed as one or more "custom tabs" which are dashboards with different reports for your different "sections". If you search on "custom tabs" in One, and have some good familiarity with dashboards and reports, then this should be fairly simple for you. Aside from that my only caveat is to make sure you exercise some good control with layout templates, and since you appear to still be in Classic, to test stringently between Classic and NWE.

Community Advisor

Similar to Skye's answer, I would go with a report for each of your bullet points then create dashboards with the appropriate reports for the various groups who need those.

Level 10

I agree with @Heather Kulbacki‚ , we did the same way for whole roadmap, in regard to handling of request. It works great.

Mvh

Kundan.