Expand my Community achievements bar.

I have a question, because I know I am not crazy, when was the On Hold status updated to where it now removes tasks from the Work List?

Level 3

I know last year I learned at LEAP 2019 that the On Hold would not remove a person's tasks from their Work List and learned that we should make a separate status, such as On Hold-Update My Work.

As we are now putting more projects on hold I did some testing and now the On Hold status removes the tasks from the Work List. Just curious as I recommended to our PM team to use the status I created of On Hold-Update My Work, even though it wouldn't remove the tasks that were already committed and put the project in a Planning Status, I thought that was the best COA.

Now I feel crazy and cannot find the enhancement or product release where the On Hold status was corrected to remove tasks from the Work List.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

14 Replies

Community Advisor

Pretty sure for us, any status that equates to On Hold has always removed tasks from the Work List, EXCEPT WHEN the user had already clicked Work on It.

To remove tasks for those projects, they had to click "Convert to Work Request" to get them back off their Work List.

Level 3

‚Yes, that is what I meant, if someone committed to the work then On Hold would not remove from the Work List. Now it seems as though WF made a change and will now remove it from the Work List even if the person clicked Work On It or had a percentage less than 100% annotated on the task completion.

Just trying to figure out when this change was made as I can't seem to find it in product releases.

Community Advisor

I just tested it - Clicked Work on It for a task, went into the project for that task and put it On Hold, went back and refreshed Home and the task was still there.

Seems to still be working the same as it always has for us.

Then just to be sure, I clicked Convert to Work Request and it disappeared from Home

Level 10

Interesting.... I just did a test in my preview environment (since we complete deactivated the On Hold one in production) and I'm having the same outcome as Erika. I had a project where I had 3 tasks. One I committed to and the the other two were still requests. When I switched it to the status that equates to On Hold, all three disappeared which is not what used to happen.

Heather & Erika - what clusters are you on? I'm on CL1. Wonder if maybe there is some code differences between clusters.

Level 9

We had this issue as well. When we first approached it, it did not take the tasks out of the work list. So, we created a custom status of 'Projects On Hold' that moves the projects into planning status and therefore removes the task from their work list.

As we're moving into more projects on hold, we've begun sending out an email twice a week of current projects on hold and asking for any updates.

Community Advisor

@Anthony Imgrund‚ I'm on CL3

I believe I’m on Cluster 2. Christina Jarosz, Marketing Project Coordinator P 215.648.7168 | C 215.435.9412

Level 3

‚Thank you all for confirming I am not crazy. At least it is good to know that others saw the same thing prior to WF making this change. I just wish WF would have announced this change in the production releases, but at least now when the project is put On Hold it removes the tasks regardless the task status/completion >100%.

Level 9

Yes, this! This happened the other week - different clusters experiencing different behaviors.

Level 3

‚I wonder if WF knows. Maybe I should put in a ticket?

Level 3

Hello Erika,

I have done some digging and was able find the below article on this subject. Given this article the Tasks should still be showing on the users My Work area. Please open a Support Case for this and provide an example of a task where this is happening. This will help us to get to the cause.

https://one.workfront.com/s/article/Tasks-Still-Show-in-My-Work-List-When-Project-Goes-On-Hold-12653...

Thanks,

Level 1

Adam - Should the tasks be showing on the users if we are all using HOME instead of My Work? We actually prefer not seeing projects and their tasks if it is ON HOLD. What should be the expected behavior?

Level 3

Jennifer,

I was able to confirm with my Development Team that tasks on a Project with a status of ON HOLD should remain on the My Work List. They will be fixing the behavior that is being reported of these dropping off the list. Once this is resolved, if you would like these items to be removed from the list please follow the steps in this article.