Expand my Community achievements bar.

I have a custom form for Expenses. I can add it to the Expenses section within a project, but I'd like to do it at the template so I don't need to continually add to each project.

Level 4

I can't find anything about adding a custom form to a template (in Expenses). Thanks in advance!

7 Replies

Level 10

hei @Cheryl Lutmer‚

is it this you are talking about or something else?

best regards,

kundan

Level 10

That's a project-level custom form, but I believe @Cheryl Lutmer‚ is referring to an Expense form.

I asked Support about this (we need the same thing), but was told that option is not available.

Level 4

Correct, I want an expense form. I'm able to create one, but if I can't apply it to a template, I'd need to apply it manually to all 2000 projects/year. And it doesn't seem I can apply it at in bulk, but needs to be individually to each project. Really hoping that's not accurate. My custom form includes a dropdown for vendor name that I really need.

Level 2

Hi Cheryl,

If you created an expense custom form with information that consistently needs to be completed in all your projects you can create a view within the expense tab that 'calls out' all of your custom fields. Once the View is created you need to modify your List Controls or your Layout Templates to make sure all your users have it. This way you do not have to add the form individually to each project.

Hope that helps!

Level 10

This trick should work, but requires that the user even bothers to use the report/view; it's not mandatory.

Level 4

Thank you. I did find that I could add it to a view, kind of by accident, and don't really understand how or why that works. Agree it isn't ideal, in that now I will require people to keep the View I set for them and not let them customize it, because those expense fields are required for us. Agree, good Innovation Lab idea. Thanks for all the input.

Level 7

Hi Cheryl,

Unfortunately, my experience with the Expense custom form is that you have to add it to each expense as you create it on the project. I haven't found a way to add it otherwise. Good idea for the Innovation Lab though.

Best -

Teale