Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How to create a Text Box for Issue Reference Number in Report Prompt for "Issue Type Report"?

Level 10

Hello to All,

Tried to create a text box for asking user to enter Issue Reference No., so it shows a text box as required input in Custom Prompt. But it does not shows as Text box which asks about reference number as input input . Looking for your guidance and expertise in this regard.0694X00000Asg6qQAB.jpg

Please refer the attachment for a quick reference.

Best regards,

Kundan

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Kundan,

The way that custom prompts work is by predefining the filter criteria (using text mode) that users can choose from. You are effectively hardcoding a list of options for the user to choose. For this reason you are not able to have a text box in a custom prompt as this would mean that the user is not using a predefined list.

The way to output a text box for Issue reference number is to use a standard prompt using the below option:

0694X00000AsgR0QAJ.png

When I use this option, I am presented the below prompt options on the report where I am able to say that the Reference number equals - Whatever is entered within the text box next to it:

0694X00000AsgReQAJ.png

Best Regards,

Rich

Level 10

Thanks for your help @Richard Leek‚

Would you thing this can be possible by using some sort of custom form? Just an idea.

Mvh (Best regards)

Kundan.

Community Advisor

Hi Kundan,

The prompt functionality will work the same regardless of whether you use a custom field or not.

You could create a custom field for users to populate a reference number, but this wont change how the prompts work within your report.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 10

Thanks a lot @Richard Leek‚

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards,

Kundan

Community Advisor

No problem @Kundan Kumar‚ , glad I could help.

Best Regards,

Rich.