Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to Zero-Out Remaining Hours

Level 2
I have a task that was planned for 76 hours, but was completed in 31. I have updated the % Complete to '100%'. Workfront is telling me that I still have 45 hours remaining on the task. I have not been able to find a way to zero-out the 45 hours. Can anyone tell me how to reduce the Hours Remaining to 0?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10
I am usually the voice of brute-force, unrefined processes here ☺ I have a report that shows the Planned Hours and Actual Hours for tasks with zero children. We just make the planned hours equal to the actual hours. It takes a few minutes to just enter the Actual Hours in the Planned Hours field, hit enter, do it for the next task. After you do it a bit, you get fast at it. There is no macro ability, no ability to look at a project in terms of a spreadsheet within WorkFront. We brute-force the Planned Hours. I’ll be interested to know if someone can solve the problem with a little more finesse… Thanks, Eric

Level 2
True, this method would work. I may give it a try. I'm just surprised that updating the % Complete field to "100" didn't zero-out the remaining work.

Level 4

you could create a custom column on a report that shows 0 if the task is complete and shows remaining hours if it is not complete. If you wanted to get fancy you could prorate the remaining hours based on planned hours and percent complete.

daniel0690z000007ZkU4AAK.jpg