Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Letterspacing Quirk when Adding/Editing Project Tasks via Gantt Chart

Level 2
Any other Workfronters encounter the sporadic issue of not being able to include letter spaces (via the keyboard space bar) between words when adding or editing tasks via a project's Gantt chart? I've been running WF for about six months on a 64-bit Win 7 Enterprise SP1 system using Chrome v 52.0.2743.116. Occassionally I experience not being able to include letter spaces when typing (using my physical keyboard) in a task's field. A single refresh of my Workfront Chrome browser tab always resolves the issue and restores my ability to insert letter spaces using my keyboard space bar, but I have no idea why the issue occurs (very randomly) in the first place. Of interest may be the fact that even when Workfront does not recognize my push on the keyboard space bar, I still am able to copy letter spaces from other project task fields and paste those letter spaces into the uncooperative task fields! Has anyone else had this or a similar experience?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
That is strange. I’ve never had that happen at all. Is it kerning a space to be one pixel wide? What happens if you just hold down the space bar or hit it a few hundred times - does ANY kind of space appear? Eric

Level 2
When it happens, the cursor just doesn't move at all -- regardless of what keyboard actions I take! I either have to refresh the browser tab, which fixes it every time, or copy/paste a letter space from another source.