Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Reports on actual and planned hours at project level and task level

Level 3
Reports on actual and planned hours at project level and task level. We are using Timesheet to track hours for projects for project managers for some group of projects. We are also using Timesheet to track hours at task level for separate groups. Is it possible to get actual hours spent by project managers on a project vs planned hours for project managers job role.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10
Hi: I think this is two reports, perhaps: 1) A report of actual hours by people with the role of project manager - This is an Hour Report; 2) A report of planned hours by task where the task has a role of Project Manager assigned - This is an Assignment Report; How would you want to compare those two things? The actual hours have a date, whereas the Planned hours have a date range, so it won’t be easy to compare them by timeframe. I would do the two reports in WorkFront, export the results to Excel, and then do some clever summarization and comparison in Excel. I can’t think of any other way, but then again, I’m no good with Text Mode reporting. Eric

Level 8

We have a report that shows actual vs planned IF actual > planned, based on the last week's timesheets. I think you could tweak that.

It's an assignment report, with standard columns of project: name, task: name, assigned to: name, job role: name, task: percent complete, assignment: planned hours and a custom column for actual hours: (valuefield=actualWorkCompleted, valueformat=compound)

The filters we use are:

workRequired=FIELD:actualWorkCompleted workRequired_Mod=lt project:status=CPL DED project:status_Mod=notin project:ownerID=$$

USER.ID

project:ownerID_Mod=in

and there's also a prompt on the project name, in case a PM just wants to look at one rather than all.

If you only want to see PM's actual vs planned you could add a job role to the filter (and probably remove the actual > planned filter).0690z000007ZkUJAA0.jpg

Level 3
Hi Eric and Barry, Thank you, I am still working on it, will let you both know how it goes. Thanks, Supriya