Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!
SOLVED

“How to Migrate from Sandbox to Prod” Workshop

Level 10

Hi Folks,

I’m considering hosting a one hour workshop in which participants can choose and migrate some of their own data (Projects, Tasks, Users, etc) and/or configuration (Custom Forms, Reports, Dashboards, etc) between two of their environments (eg Sandbox to Prod, or Prod to Sandbox, or Prod to SB01, etc).

Would you be interested, and if so, what usecase(s) would you test?

Regards,

Doug

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Yes indeed @ai_na, and thanks for the reminder!

This session was indeed recorded, so I invite you to watch the highlight video and/or the Director Cut (four parts) from this "How to migrate from Sandbox to Prod" Workshop, all of which are under the Media section of our Packages solution.

If you'd then like additional details, you're welcome to contact me via doug.denhoed@atappstore.com.

Regards,

Doug

cc: @TegwynSt  @jmc31064503@IanRe@Rafal_Bain@Lila_Whitney@JenniferMiklasz@MichaelPe1@RandyRoberts@JohnO_

View solution in original post

21 Replies

Level 7

sounds interesting but IDK....we don't use sandbox that much but we are just now going through an integration and IT folks are in sandbox. I just use SB in case I have to rebuild something (that I deleted or whatever other rare occasion) but we are transitioning most of our users to New Experience next week. I'd like to participate even if I'm just listening in.

Level 10

Hi @Doug Den Hoed‚

Please count me in.

Mvh

Kundan.

Level 7

@Doug Den Hoed‚

This is one of those things where I don't *currently* have a need for this, but may need to in the future. Count me in!

Level 10

Yea, for sure. I regularly build and test in SB, then have to build it again in Production.

Thanks for the early interest, everyone (and keep it coming)!

To clarify a few things...

- As the technology already exists, I’d like to host this within the next 2-3 weeks.

- Since this will be a Workshop, though, I intend to register 5-10 users who can bring actual usecases (makes for better drama)

- That said, for those interested-but-not-yet-in-need, will also record it (obfuscated to protect identities and data).

- If there are not at least 5 with such usecases, I’ll postpone it due to lack of interest (which would be surprising, but might happen).

- If more than 10, I’ll start a Standby List, and (depending how many) either “overbook” the session, or schedule another one for a different date.

If you’d prefer to email me directly at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com, that’s fine too.

Regards,

Doug

Level 5

I'm interested. I test everything in Sandbox first. I create custom forms, project templates with Queue Topics topic groups etc. If I make changes to an existing process I test there first to make sure it doesn't have an adverse effect on anything else that I didn't think of. I find myself having to take notes of every change I make so that I can recreate it exactly in production if the test/demo gets approved. I was unaware there was any way to transfer between the environments. Does this only work on newly created objects or does it work for updates made to existing objects?

Thanks Tracy: juicy stuff!

This is the kind of Drama I was hoping for, and why I decided to offer Workshop format.

Queue Topics (and Custom Form Logic, and a few other items) are still on our roadmap, but our solution does include Custom Forms and Project Templates. It can do both new and existing items, but (as you might expect, when flinging data) there are some cautions to think through..

Regards,

Doug

Level 10

⚡️ News Flash...

In a related sidebar, my colleague @Lilit Mkrtchyan‚ has kindly agreed to host an official Workfront User Group with me on this topic.

Stay tuned here for a link to more details and registration coming soon...

Regards,

Doug

Level 10

Hi @Tegwyn Stockdale‚, @Kundan Kumar‚, @John O'Sullivan‚, @Randy Roberts‚, @Michael Perez‚, and the rest of you who've read this post!

As mentioned, I'm delighted to direct you the official Environment Management Workshop which was just announced and is now open for registration.

Regards,

Doug

Employee

Hope to see you all in the Environment Management Workshop next Friday :)

- Lilit

Workfront Product Manager

Employee

Perfect! Talk to you in a few days, Jennifer 😊

Level 4

Yes, please! But we are not AtAppStore customers - are we still able to do this?

Yes Lila,

For this Workshop, we’re making special arrangements so that any Workfront customer who’d like to try out our solution can do so: all you’ll need is a non-SSO SysAdmin account in two instances (eg Prod and Preview).

I hope to see you then!

Regards,

Doug

Community Advisor

Hi Doug, Sign me in! looking forward to this.

Best

Rafal

Level 3

Would be interested as we havent overly utilised the sandbox to date. We will have an integration using Fusion > Salesforce to WF, being worked on in the near future. so it would be good to understand WF and migration

Level 10

Thanks for your interest Rafal and Ian,

We're at 20+ people for Friday's session, so if you're available, I invite you to register here when you have a moment.

Regards,

Doug

Level 2

I'm interested. Currently building a calendar in Preview, creating fake jobs to test. Once it's all set, would love to move to Prod vs recreating it. Thanks!

Level 7

I couldn't find link and got inundated with New Experience questions since we transitioned last week. sorry I missed it =(

maybe it's recorded??

Level 2

Doug, 

Was the session recorded by chance? If so, I would be interested in viewing it.