Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to find a comment in a Proof from a notification

Level 10
Hi I'm not sure if this is a new problem or I'm just experiencing this now. I have a proof with 134 pages and 1000 comments. I got a notification of someone who replied to my comment and I want to respond back, but I need to see the proof to remember exactly what it was we were talking about. When I click from the notification (no matter which link I click on within the notification) it only takes me to the Update section in Workfront OR it opens the Proof but does not direct to the page where the comment is. Additionally, there is no indication on the notification as to which comment# this conversation refers to. I have to scan through 134 pages of comments to respond. What am I doing wrong as this doesn't make sense? Jill Ackerman
5 Replies

Level 10
Hi, Nope, this isn't a new problem at all! The good news, you at least found this where the filters and searching in proof apply to replies now. Until 18.3, if someone comments "What are you thinking?!?!" and we searched for that in the comments, it wouldn't come up. LOL! Anyways, like 95% of my users use this approach: Search by author or by the wording in the reply (since they can see that in the email notification). There is one small group that is nice to each other and they will include the comment number in the reply. So it would be something like "For Comment #4, what are you thinking?!?!" ;) Hope that helps. Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 2
hi, Jill - you're not doing anything wrong unless we both are. this happens to me frequently. it seems like it should be an easy fix to have at least, as you say, a proof comment number as a reference. it may help if you filter just the comments that the user made. that would cut the hunting down for you. an additional frustration is that when an approver is tagged in a proof comment, it's common for them to simply reply to that comment in the "updates" section where they're directed - which does not get reflected in the proof. this has the result of having "off-line" conversations that get lost. not helpful. Tracy Brunet Costco Wholesale Corporation

Level 10
Thanks for the confirmation that I'm not crazy. I can't believe I haven't received 10,000 complaints about this. One colleague sent me a comment notification that he gets that has the comment number on it, but I think it's because he's either he proof owner or the project owner – I can't quite figure out how he gets that or how I can make that the default notification (probably can't). I need to spend more time examining that example and all the proof owner notifications. Notifications in Workfront are truly weak and I've seen no indication they care to fix it.

Level 3
Are you looking at the notification from Workfront or the notification from proofing? I prefer the notifications from proofing. I especially like the daily roundup emails, because it has the numbers next to each of the comments, shows the comment and shows the reply. Allison Lippert Workfront allisonlippert@workfront.com

Level 10
Thank you for this clarification. I think I’m only getting Workfront and not Proof. I have to figure out the settings. I find the (lack of) complete integration very confusing and hard to unravel but this gives me a starting point. I didn’t realize/remember they are separate settings. Sent from my iPhone