Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to filter a column's results in a project report

Level 4

Hello friends!  I have a project report with columns for planned hours and actual hours.  I want the report to only show hours for assignments that are assigned to specific roles.  Any ideas how to add this filter only to those 2 columns?

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Justin! To dig more into who entered hours/role, you'll need to create an Hour report instead. You can include some project info in your hour report, but you can't view some hour info in a project report. If you want a filter for your whole report to show hour entry owner for your specific role, you'd do that in your report filters. If you want a report showing more and have the filter option to see just role, then you can create a filter to use while in your report (the filter will show as report default, but you can click it to create more filters):

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1677850146852.png

If you found this helpful please mark correct to help others : ) 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Hi there!  Thanks for taking a look at my question.  I'm looking to have 1 line item per project that has the hours custom filtered only for specific roles, so I can report out on time per project, and be able to additionally categorize that data based on other fields (such as deliverable type).  The issue with the Hours Report approach is I will then have to export the report into excel, roll up all the hour data per project (maybe by pivot tables), copy the pivot table data over to another sheet and then run VLOOKUPs to capture other fields per project, etc.