Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to combine separate projects that were requested into one project?

Level 1

I'm trying to find a way to combine/merge a few projects that were submitted individually but are part of the same overall project. Is there a way to combine the info from the request form into 1 large project? The only way I can think of doing this is to manually copy and paste the info into whichever project I want to keep. Or, I can create a program but I believe that will still have separate projects. Goal is to have 1 project and 1 schedule. 

Thanks in advance! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @jmcfarlane13 

I agree with @RandyRoberts. Their is an idea about this, which is a very important feature for a project management tool which is missing now in Adobe Workfront, but do not know why Workfront not interested to implement (kind attn. to @NicholeVargas ). We see similar scenario in the company,  we follow bit manual some how to get a view of multiple projects under one main project.

Kundanism_0-1681452686640.png

Mvh

Kundan.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

There is no automated way to do this, I believe. It would pose some problems like duplicate entries, tasks, people, etc. If there were 2 conflicting entries, which one would preside? Stuff like that.

You can move 2 requests into one project, but not 2 projects into one project.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @jmcfarlane13 

I agree with @RandyRoberts. Their is an idea about this, which is a very important feature for a project management tool which is missing now in Adobe Workfront, but do not know why Workfront not interested to implement (kind attn. to @NicholeVargas ). We see similar scenario in the company,  we follow bit manual some how to get a view of multiple projects under one main project.

Kundanism_0-1681452686640.png

Mvh

Kundan.

Level 8

I presume there is custom form data you're trying to carry over? If your custom form is applicable to tasks, you could add that custom data to a parent task and move the group of tasks to the monster project. I think. I hope. You might test it in the sandbox first.