Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

How to calculate the "Should have been done by date"? Actual Start Date + Planned Duration = Should have been done by date

Level 3

I'm building a custom report and haven't had much luck figuring out the expression for Actual Start Date + Planned Duration = Should have been done by date. Also, I'd like to display this just as a date. Any help would be great.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Oh, gotcha. Give this a try:

displayname=Should be Done By

textmode=true

valueexpression=ADDDAYS({actualStartDate},({duration}/480))

valueformat=HTML

Since duration is calculated in minutes, you have to divide the duration by 480 to get your duration days, assuming an 8 hour day (8hr x 60min each = 480 minutes)

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Wouldn't this just be the native field "Projected Completion Date"? Or am I missing something?

Level 3

Thanks for responding! I'm probably not explaining well enough. The Projected Completion Date can move if I'm late on the task whereas the "Should have been done by" date doesn't change. Planned Completion Date doesn't help much either if there were delays in prior tasks.

Example - if I actually start a task on 4/6 and it has a Planned Duration of 3 days to complete, I should have been done by 4/9. If it's not yet complete as of today (4/28), WF still gives me the 3 days to complete the task for the Projected Completion Date which would end up being 5/1. I need a way to report on the 4/9 date so our users can see when the task actually started, when the task should have been done (not the planned completion though), and when the task is projected to be done.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Oh, gotcha. Give this a try:

displayname=Should be Done By

textmode=true

valueexpression=ADDDAYS({actualStartDate},({duration}/480))

valueformat=HTML

Since duration is calculated in minutes, you have to divide the duration by 480 to get your duration days, assuming an 8 hour day (8hr x 60min each = 480 minutes)

Level 3

Thank you so much!!! That was it!! I really appreciate it!