Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to add Total of a specific Column field on report and Dynamically update it?

Level 2

We have a reporting requirement where in the client wants to see 2 fields on the report which will display the Total of 2 specific column values. For example from the screenshot attached they want 2 fields on the report below each grouping section

1) Total of (Maximum daily send volumes) column = 1000+6000+200+ 0 = 7200 

2) Total of (Daily Send SMS Volume) column = 30+305+337+728 = 1400

Both these values should dynamically change based on the entry of projects here. If there are 5 entries then the value should update accordingly

Once the Total is captured for both these columns then

If the Total of (maximum daily send volumes) column is > than say a certain value (E.g. say 100000) then it should colour code this total of (maximum daily send volumes) field. 

Can someone please guide me on how best to approach the above requirement? it would be of great help. 

@Richard_Le_  Do you have any suggestions?

REPORT_SAMPLE.png

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @anasooya,

Unfortunately, conditionally color coding totals are beyond Workfront's native reporting capabilities, but if meeting this requirement is important enough, I invite you to consider our Magic Reports solution, which could accomplish what you're after.

Regards,
Doug 

thanks @Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore for your response. I will have a look into the link you have shared.  If we rule out the color coding part, is it possible to show the Total fields as per my above requirements? How to go about with that?

Community Advisor

If you're OK with just the totals, you can do that in the report setup - select 'Sum' in the 'Summarize this column by' dropdown and the totals will show on your grey grouping lines - as long as these are number (or currency) fields. If they are text fields you won't have that Summarize by option.

Sum column.jpg