Expand my Community achievements bar.

Attach multiple Requests to a Project

Level 2

Howdy Workfronters!

The subject says it all. We use a 'bucket' ticket methodology. Is there a way to raise Requests and have them 'related' to the bucket ticket we use?

Thanks

Sean

5 Replies

Level 4

Hey Sean!

So in your case above you are saying that you have a project for a specific objective, but want to attach multiple requests to it? If so you can for sure do this and we do the same in our org!

In our org a project is to create a marketing asset/series of assets, and so we wanted the PM of the project to be able to submit to our Traffic team a revision request for additional steps. They used to request additional steps via an update, but we wanted a form so we could better track and report and enforce the information they provide. So we set up our projects to allow requests to be added them without them being published as Request Queues. The images below show you the settings that you'd need to configure in the "queue details" to set this up.

So in our case if the PM needs revisions unplanned in the original project, they go to the requests tab of their project and submit a short form there. Our traffic team receives these requests and convert to additional tasks on the project, but I'm sure you could just work the requests themselves too without converting to anything!

You for sure will want to adjust these settings on the TEMPLATE level, do it for all the templates you want this functionality on, and make sure you are always copying templates to make new (or setting up these settings on new). This was the hardest part of this change for us- as after we rolled out the process- old projects didn't have the settings (and I couldn't find a way to bulk update). We trained our PMs how to adjust the project settings if they ran into that.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any questions!

Lindsey

lindselib_0-1704896893856.pnglindselib_1-1704896921845.png

lindselib_2-1704896941578.png

Level 2

So if I am understanding you right, You have a Project for initial assets for 'something' but then any Change Orders or Additional needs are fulfilled via an Issues submission? So you are not actually attaching multiple Requests to a Project but utilizing Issues.

Seems like one way of doing it.

Level 4

You got it! And requests and issues are really the same thing, just semantic and the language you choose to use in your system. 

If the requests/issues are being created in a separate request queue you can also move them to projects manually or via routing rules.

lindselib_0-1705506165019.png

Level 2

So where do the Requests/Issues live in the Project?

Level 4

It lives on the request/issues tab. If you don't see this you'll need to unhide this tab on your layout template

lindselib_0-1705514959275.png

We have a special view on this requests tab to make it easier for the PMs or our traffic team to track the status of each request...

lindselib_1-1705515032730.png