Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

How to add a filter to planned hours column on a project report

Level 4

hello!  i'm looking to create a project report that only includes planned hours from certain roles, instead of all planned hours on a project.  i'm assuming it would require a column for planned hours with some text code on the column specifying certain roles.  does anyone know how to achieve this?

thanks in advance

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Hi there! I suggest a task report actually. I'm not seeing a way to get into the granularity you need with roles in just a project report. I suggest:
Groupings could be (and you can collapse the project one to essentially look at a project list and summarize your hours columns so they show totals in your groupings)

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1693487444159.png
Filters - enter roles you're interested in. Enter project names or if a lot of project, filter in project group, or whatever fits for you there.

Madalyn_Destafney_1-1693487498671.png
And of course in your columns include planned hours and summarize that column.
Then you can easily see project and planned hrs by the roles you want, which will also total in the project grouping.
If you found this helpful, please mark correct to help others : )

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )