Expand my Community achievements bar.

Repeat Field(s) on Custom Form without Fusion?

Level 2

Is it possible to repeat a field(s) on the same custom form? Or even entire sections? For example, if the requester fills in a form can I give them an option to "Add a Second Item" and if selected, the form fields duplicate after the original fields on the same form BEFORE they submit the form? Not looking for a Fusion solution at this time, but wondering if this is possible. Thanks!

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, if you have the same exact fields in a form they will show the same answer when filled in across all of them (since WF thinks this is helping the user from having to fill in same answer again). If you want to accommodate multiple requests, I recommend changing your field questions to indicate they can add in info for multiple items (and making it a paragraph field instead of single line text field, for example) or have them submit 1 request per item.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Thanks, Madalyn. My stakeholders are really wanting them as separate fields so they don't have to try to visually extract it from a larger set of data, as I've suggested something similar to what you're suggesting and it wasn't received well... They keep referencing HTML forms that can do this, but I'm pretty sure there's scripting involved that's not available within Workfront (unless Fusion IS the only way to go). Thanks again!