Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

How to add a custom form with required fields to a task without answering the questions?

Level 4

I want to be able to add a custom form that has required fields to a task for another user to go in and complete.  When I add the custom form and click save, I get an error saying the required questions in the form were not completed.  I do not want to include the task with the custom form in a project template.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Justin, if it's something you want to add ad hoc and not on the task in a template as you mention above, you can get around the required fields by adding the task custom from from within the Task Details tab of the task towards the top right of the task. 

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1683221338623.png

It won't require you to fill in the fields doing it this way like it will by doing it from the Updates tab here:

Madalyn_Destafney_1-1683221375266.png

If you found this helpful, please mark correct to help others : )

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 5

One way is to put the details to be answered by the other group in a section that is dependent on a field that is a Yes / No Response... Something Like "Enable XYZ Department Section". If Yes then Open Section. You set the Value as No. Then the required fields are not required until the question is answered YES. You could emphasize this with a Descriptive Text telling the users that they need to enable the section.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Justin, if it's something you want to add ad hoc and not on the task in a template as you mention above, you can get around the required fields by adding the task custom from from within the Task Details tab of the task towards the top right of the task. 

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1683221338623.png

It won't require you to fill in the fields doing it this way like it will by doing it from the Updates tab here:

Madalyn_Destafney_1-1683221375266.png

If you found this helpful, please mark correct to help others : )

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )