Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

How does Jira works with Workfront

Level 1
Is it possible for the integration, that a ticket can be created in Jira, time worked applied in Jira, and all of that is synced to workfront? Our dev team uses Workfront only to report hours, and uses Jira heavily for dev tasks. I cannot change the culture to start creating tickets in Workfront, there will be pitch forks. Wendy Smith IT Program Manager
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 1
Hi Wendy, thanks for raising this! Same here, our developers use Jira for dev and QA tasks for 2 reasons: - our QA team is offshore and does not use Workfront - we don't find Workfront's structure adapted for dev/QA ticketing. We've looked into the Workfront/Jira integration, which allows you to generate a Jira ticket automatically when a task is assigned to a specific user, but we're seeing a few limitations so have not implemented it: - every WF task assigned to that designated user will generate a Jira ticket, but we want only 1 master Jira ticket per project, not individual Jira tickets tied to each tasks - comments from Jira don't ladder-up into Workfront - comments and info from Jira sub-tickets (under the master ticket) don't tie to the Workfront project. Pros: - when a Jira ticket is closes, it marks the Workfront task as complete - the link to the Jira ticket is accessible directly from the task. I would LOVE to get advice from people who've integrated Jira and Workfront successfully for their teams. Thanks! Perrine Pavageau The New York Times

Level 2
My $0.02 worth would be that you can map a WF Ticket to a Jira Issue which then can be an Epic, a Story, a Feature, a Test, or an Action. The integration would allow setting that single target per project. Comments must flow up to WF. Don Gilman ViaSat, Inc.

Level 7
Hi Wendy, Our Jira integration is rather basic in what it does, creating stories/epics or whatnot based on your configuration. However, advanced settings like what you're looking for are more of a candidate for a script that can be automated.. we have a fantastic tool called Fusion that we release earlier this year. I'd advise asking your Account Executive for a demonstration. Essentially Fusion will allow you to set up API calls, via a graphical interface. Think of it like this.. you have triggers that you set. So, you set Fusion to connect to Jira and check for updates, if there's an update, connect to the task in Workfront and copy the update from Jira->Workfront. I hope you find what you need! Thanks, Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 3

Hi @EXP_-_DustinMa ,

I looking for the help regarding the workfront and jira integrations. I want to test few scenerios and i am not able to achieve directly via workfront and jira integrations. so thought of using fusion here.

Is there a way for Task Status updates from Workfront to reflect in Jira

Is there a way for Timings from Jira to reflect in Workfront

Is there a way via Workfront to see if a task has been assigned to a Sprint in Jira (Workfront calls Sprints “Iterations”)

To create a connection i have created a API token from JIRA, but after that i am actually stuck how to create a connection from workfront fusion. I checked the adobe document regarding this, as i m new to workfront not able to follow the steps. Do i need do connect to 

Jira Cloud to Workfront Fusion or jira server to workfront fusion

can you please help with the steps how i can achieve the above scenarios. Document which i referred.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/adobe-workfront-fusion/fusion-apps-and-modul.... Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bhavani Bharanidharan