Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How do you obtain business sign-offs on Workfront?

Level 10
As far as I'm aware, the only two dynamic "look up" person-fields at a project level that can be used in an approval workflow are 'Project Owner' and 'Project Sponsor'. For each of our projects, there is a separate and specific group of people ('the business') who need to approve a few tasks. Currently we have a checkpoint in these workflow which prompts the PMO to manually request these approvals from the business. Is there some way of putting the names of the people who need to approve somewhere (per project), and then using these in a workflow? It all feels very manual at the moment! Jamie Hill JLL EMEA
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10
Hi Jamie, We've got approvals on every single stage gate in our project. Most of time is WF Admin(from Workfront and Methodology point of view) and Project Sponsor. If it's about Funding Stage then we've got approval from Finance person, Project Sponsor and all of our SMT. We've got two kinds of project Lite - 5 stage gates and Full - 10 stage gates. We do as well documents approval within Workfront which approves are being selected manually by projects owners. Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 10
Thanks Dagmara. Makes sense. I guess you are hard-coding the Finance person and SMT into your workflows? (i.e. they're not dynamic) Jamie Hill JLL EMEA

Level 10
Yes indeed. It's always the same persons - SMT got their own Group in Workfront. and always have to be all of them approving it. Finance person - we've got only one across Workfront so it doesn't change as well. Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 10
Lucky! :) our business approvers change vastly project-by-project Jamie Hill JLL EMEA

Level 10
I suppose you could just create an approval paths and then manually change the approves on it :) Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD