Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

How do you change the project start date?

Level 5

Hello! We are testing out the waters of switching our project templates Schedule Mode from Completion Date to Start Date. However, I cannot seem to figure out how to change the Start Date once you originally set the project up... Am I missing something?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It looks like you have a layout template associated with your user profile where the planned start date is hidden.

If you update your layout template to add this back in, you should then get access to this setting. 😁

0694X00000CIz4qQAD.png

Let me know if this fixes the problem.

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Kasey,

You should be able to change the start date from the project settings. See screen shot below:

0694X00000CIyj4QAD.png

When you change the planned start date here, the start date of the first tasks in your project plan will automatically update.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 5

Hi Richard,

For some reason we do not have that option available within the project settings 😣

Community Advisor

Hmm, that seems strange!

If you go to the Project details tab, are you able to click into the planned start date from there?

0694X00000CIyxpQAD.png

Level 5

Nope :( This is all I see on my end.

There has to be a master setting of some sorts...

0694X00000CIz1mQAD.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It looks like you have a layout template associated with your user profile where the planned start date is hidden.

If you update your layout template to add this back in, you should then get access to this setting. 😁

0694X00000CIz4qQAD.png

Let me know if this fixes the problem.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 5

Oh my gosh, this was it!! Thank you so much!!!

Level 10

Hmm...interesting Kasey,

Does the Project in question already have an Actual Start Date (which, perhaps, is interfering)?

Regards,

Doug

Nope :( I tried it from a brand new project, leaving in Planning status and I still aren't able to adjust. It only gives me the option to set it when I initially set up the project- then I cannot edit it after the fact. So weird!!

My concern with switching from Completion Date to Start Date is that our users are going to be used to choosing a completion date, creating the project, and then not being able to fix it after the fact.