Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How do I setup different Marketing teams in Workfront?

Level 2

Hi there,

Our Workfront Marketing team is expanding this year. We're adding four more marketing teams (business divisions) to our instance, plus their stakeholders. So I'm wondering what would be the most efficient way to organize the instance? We don't want to have a hard wall between divisions because we want smooth collaboration.

My first thought was to have everyone under one company followed by one big group (Enterprise Marketing), and then the working teams for each line of business (division).

What do you think? Are there any other ways to structure the marketing teams?

Thank you,

Luana I.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 1

Great question. We actually had our marketing team split internally and are working with a WF Consultant to split the teams up within WF. With new features that were introduced, the consultant is helping us use Groups to allow each area have their own Teams, Permissions, Approval Processes, and many other items, while still being part of the same WF environment. This did require many changes in our setup and administration none of which we would have known without the consultant. We are in the final stages of modifications to our environment before we actually "turn this on", but after theorizing and testing the idea it seems to work for us and our requirements for the split.

I think your individual requirements may guide your organization to use this or a different method, but I wanted to let you know what we are working with.

Good luck.

Level 2

Thank you for replying to my question Rolando! It seems like that's the best course of action, discuss the matter with a consultant.