Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How do I add multiple entries in a report prompt?

Level 6

I have a report prompt that I would like to add multiple entries in before running the report. I tried placing a comma between the entries with no success. Do I need to use a different symbol(s), or is that just not possible?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 3

Jared,

There are a few ways a custom prompt can have multiple entries, and I'm not sure which way you're trying to do.

Do you want to prompt for project name and supply two project names?

To do that you would create a custom prompt for Project > Name in your report. Then when you run the report you would choose "Equal" under the Name prompt. You could then enter a project name and you would see a list of names to choose from. After choosing one project name you could start typing in another, and you could choose another name from the list that appears. If you run your report now you would see both of the projects you named.

Does this help? If not please provide more details on what you're trying to prompt for and I'll be happy to try and help.

Thanks!

Level 6

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for explaining this to me.

I have a field on custom forms called "Engineering Project Number" that I am trying to pull results from. I tried the directions you provided for this field, but the list you spoke of didn't appear. Having that list would be great for the field. Did it not appear because it is a field that we created?

Thanks!

Level 3

With custom fields, the list will only appear if there are multiple choices, like in a checkbox field or a multi-select dropdown field. If is a single line text field you will only be able to put in one number.