Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How do I add a column into an existing workfront project

Level 1

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there, you can add columns into a project using a View, more on that here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/report-elements/create-edi...

Filters/Views/Groupings are these icons in a project, report, etc. Anything with a list of objects. So you can have project-based views, task-based views, etc. Gamechanger if you're not using these yet. If you found this helpful, please mark correct to help others : )

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1678398148663.png

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 1

I am new to workfront and have already read the article a few times.  It takes me to a location that says "New Task View" with an empty space that says 'Select or add a new column' but with no mechanism to do so.  

Community Advisor

Yup you select 'New View' and then you'll get a screen to add columns (you need to search for the fields you want to pull in, can be custom form fields related to the same object type or native WF fields) and then you'll have the option to name and save your new view. If you're having problems reach out to your admin if you have one?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 1

I went in and out of the New View a few times.  Last time it allowed me to scroll down to find the Column Preview.  Really odd place to manage the project's columns.  Adding a column is not adding a task - it is adding a milestone.  It is odd having it located under a task list.  I would think it could / should be accessed on the main page.   

I'll have to give it more time, but the UI isn't intuitive. 

(and we wonder why it is so difficult for people to give up their desktop templates in Excel...)