Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

SUM checkbox values

Level 2

Hi, is it possible to sum the values of all the selected checkboxes? Based on what I have read, it supposes to be SUM({checkbox_field}), but it only gave me the first value.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @undu82,

Working with multi-select checkboxes can be a bit tricky, but you could adapt the approach I outlined in this post (to fix the order of items) in order to sum up the selected values by following this pattern (using the same example, and valuing each entry at 1 if selected and 0 if not selected):

AtApp Swimlane Tag Summed:
SUM(
IF(CONTAINS("Swimlane Portfolio",{DE:AtApp Swimlane Tag}),1,0)
,IF(CONTAINS("Swimlane Program",{DE:AtApp Swimlane Tag}),1,0)
,IF(CONTAINS("Swimlane Project Owner",{DE:AtApp Swimlane Tag}),1,0)
,IF(CONTAINS("Swimlane Project",REPLACE({DE:AtApp Swimlane Tag},"Swimlane Project Owner","SwimlaneProjectOwner")),1,0)
)

In this fashion, you could also assign different weighted values for different entries (e.g. 5 for Portfolio, 4 for Program, etc.)

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @undu82,

Working with multi-select checkboxes can be a bit tricky, but you could adapt the approach I outlined in this post (to fix the order of items) in order to sum up the selected values by following this pattern (using the same example, and valuing each entry at 1 if selected and 0 if not selected):

AtApp Swimlane Tag Summed:
SUM(
IF(CONTAINS("Swimlane Portfolio",{DE:AtApp Swimlane Tag}),1,0)
,IF(CONTAINS("Swimlane Program",{DE:AtApp Swimlane Tag}),1,0)
,IF(CONTAINS("Swimlane Project Owner",{DE:AtApp Swimlane Tag}),1,0)
,IF(CONTAINS("Swimlane Project",REPLACE({DE:AtApp Swimlane Tag},"Swimlane Project Owner","SwimlaneProjectOwner")),1,0)
)

In this fashion, you could also assign different weighted values for different entries (e.g. 5 for Portfolio, 4 for Program, etc.)

Regards,

Doug