Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

How can I show all the current task assignments for a team I manage?

Level 5

I am hoping to build a report using wildcards if possible to show "All the tasks assigned to people on my home team". The goal is to have all work exposed and grouped by assignee so if people are suddenly out, managers can easily redistribute the work. So far, I can only show my own tasks, and not the tasks of the other two, so not ideal.

I'm trying all sorts of wildcards but not getting the right one. I will keep ploughing through. I'm sure this is basic but I've never built a report like this before.

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Thanks Monique! I tried that before, and when I tried it again, the answer clicked with me: the two other people I expected to see were on my home team, but they had OTHER home teams erroneously. This works perfectly. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

It may make sense to create an assignment report instead of a task report, but the idea behind it would be the same. You'll want the filter to be Assigned To > Home Team ID Equal $$USER.homeTeamID

Correct answer by
Level 5

Thanks Monique! I tried that before, and when I tried it again, the answer clicked with me: the two other people I expected to see were on my home team, but they had OTHER home teams erroneously. This works perfectly. Thanks again!

Community Advisor

Glad it worked. Yes, the big caveat is everyone must have the same team as their home team. There is probably some savvy way to pull based on users' other teams, but I don't think I've ever had that use case to do that with a wildcard.

Community Advisor

I posted one of the other options to the reporting cookbook that came out last year -- creating some sort of manager field or referring to the manager field as an option if you're looking for people you manage. Anything along the lines of "your name shows up in their manager name field" would work -- we just happen to have a custom manager field that shows a hierarchy of managers and I utilized this to make a catchall dashboard for managers, their managers, and their managers' managers.

This is often a better option in any instance where people may have to belong to several teams or who accidentally and frequently are assigned the wrong team as a home team as a result of this.