Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How can I add User information to an Issue Report?

Level 5

I have an issue report that we use to keep track of trainings for users. The user's name is chosen from a dropdown in the custom form and they are assigned to the issue. I have been requested to add their start date, deactivation date and reactivation date to this report. I am not finding the way to do this.

I was also trying to see if I could build a calculated field that would pull in this info based on the name chosen from the first dropdown but I have been unsuccessful.

Does anyone know how/if I can accomplish this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

I feel like I'm missing something. If you're assigning the user to the issue why don't you get all this information off the Assigned To section of the report?

Level 5

We were planning on having multiple people assigned to the issue. (the one who needs to do the training and the one who needs to monitor to make sure it gets completed.) If multiple people are assigned to the issue the "assigned to" will only pull the info for the first person assigned correct?

We may be able to find a way to only assign one person (and use the report for the monitoring), in which the assigned to section would give me the user's start date. We also need to include if they were ever deactivated and reactivated and need those dates. The only thing I can find is scheduled deactivation date, but if they've been reactivated I'd expect that field to be empty.

This is all for auditing we need to provide to a client, therefore there is specific information they need to see all together.

Community Advisor

yep I'm not seeing you have a lot of options. There haven't been ways to tap into more info from a typeahead field (I assume that's what the "dropdown" you're referring to, is). So I'm feeling like the easier way would be to go through the assignee.

And you're right there, there are a few hurdles when you do that. If they are the primary assignee that would be best. Or if you can assign them a role (or assign the trainer a role), you could do a valueexpression on a collection of assignments to exclude/include only that role. (e.g. if all your new people are assigned the trainee role, and you do a valueexpression saying "if the person has a trainee role, spit out this information about them").

Also problematic: the type of info you're trying to get. Workfront just doesn't track any of this stuff. Start date -- what does that mean, is this the entry date? And no, nothing about reactivation or deactivation unless you're doing a scheduled deactivation. Would you be willing to create and manually enter information on this in the user custom form? Otherwise, it too is a non-starter.