Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Hours Report using Hour entry date to count projects with activity during a month.

Level 4

Hello Community!

My goal is to have a report that shows the number of projects (and which ones) that have hours logged during a specific month.

I created an hours report, that uses the hours entry date as the filter, and it does show which projects have hours, but I can't get it to give me a count of projects - it is giving me a sum of hours and a count of the hour entry logs.  Since we have many projects having hours tracked and many entries to individual projects - I need it to count projects.  I was thinking of using a grouping, but can't see to get the number in the grouping label to count the projects instead of the hour entry logs.  Ideas?  If you have an idea outside of grouping, open to that as well.  Any help would be appreciated.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Give this a shot, try a project report instead with this filter (I have [this month] but of course change as needed) and add any other filters like project group, portfolio, etc.

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1727292447474.png

Since it's a project report, you'll find your total project count in the bottom right corner of the report. May need some spot checking to ensure it's pulling correct results, but in the few I tried on my end I did see hours logged in all of them [this month].

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Give this a shot, try a project report instead with this filter (I have [this month] but of course change as needed) and add any other filters like project group, portfolio, etc.

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1727292447474.png

Since it's a project report, you'll find your total project count in the bottom right corner of the report. May need some spot checking to ensure it's pulling correct results, but in the few I tried on my end I did see hours logged in all of them [this month].

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 4

Thank you - this worked - I was able to also add in an All hours by role id to filter the specific role we were tracking.  Appreciate your help!!!