Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Hours Report Question

Level 4

Hello all, I'm looking to report user hours for a given month, based on hours they logged for work they completed during that month, NOT based on the entry dates taking place that month.

For example, we gave users until March 7th to log February hours, but the hours report options for dates seem to be for entry dates. If a person went in on March 6th to log hours spent during February, I want to see that in my February hours report.  

Am I missing a report parameter I can set? Suggestions?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi James,

I might be missing something here, but the entry date should correspond with what you're looking for - assuming the people are going into the February timesheets in March. The difference will show in the last update date. In my screen shot you can see the difference on the hours i just put in on a test item.

RyanKirk_0-1678719130910.png

RyanKirk_0-1678719327053.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi James,

As long as your users are recording their time in the relevant day/date on their timesheet, the entry date will reflect the correct date. It doesn't matter when they entered the time, only that they put the time into the right date if that makes sense. 

For example, If I recorded an hour today (on 13/03) but entered it into the box for Friday 10/03. The entry date would still reflect 10/03 on an hour report.

Screenshot 2023-03-13 144812.jpg

Best Regards,

Rich. 

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi James,

I might be missing something here, but the entry date should correspond with what you're looking for - assuming the people are going into the February timesheets in March. The difference will show in the last update date. In my screen shot you can see the difference on the hours i just put in on a test item.

RyanKirk_0-1678719130910.png

RyanKirk_0-1678719327053.png

Level 4

Thank you Richard and Ryan. 

My question was based on a user promising me she input a certain amount of hours for a given day and not seeing those hours on reports. This caused me to question what "entry date" meant.

After reviewing her situation in detail, it appears she didn't make sure her hours were logged and saved properly for that day.

Thanks for confirming things are working as they should!