Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Hide the "Approvals" section in the Proofing Workflow?

Level 10

I've found that if you select "Proofing Workflow" on a document and then add an approver on the "Approvals" tab, it's a document approval, not a proof approval. (as pictured in the attached screenshot). Is there a way to hide this? It's confusing our users.

I looked in the Layouts but that section doesn't seem editable.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Kristine,

No, names will show in the Proofing Workflow when you've used either the basic proof workflow or the automated proof workflow - with the automated workflow, you can set certain people to always be on each automated workflow that you create. With the basic proof workflow you will need to manually add each name.

A document approval is completely different and does not involved a "Proof"

Randy,

Any chance you've submitted anything to the Innovation Lab yet to get documents added to the dropdown in Layout Templates? I'd upvote that. We don't have issues with users trying to use Approvals when they should be using Proofs, but we also don't use document approvals so ideally I'd like to hide that left nav item just to avoid the noise of something they don't need.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

Names only show up in Proofing Workflow when you use Automated Proofing, correct? Names show up in Approvals if you add them manually? I also have users being confused about document approval.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Kristine,

No, names will show in the Proofing Workflow when you've used either the basic proof workflow or the automated proof workflow - with the automated workflow, you can set certain people to always be on each automated workflow that you create. With the basic proof workflow you will need to manually add each name.

A document approval is completely different and does not involved a "Proof"

Randy,

Any chance you've submitted anything to the Innovation Lab yet to get documents added to the dropdown in Layout Templates? I'd upvote that. We don't have issues with users trying to use Approvals when they should be using Proofs, but we also don't use document approvals so ideally I'd like to hide that left nav item just to avoid the noise of something they don't need.