Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Cookbook recipe highlight: My Work, Ready to Start

Employee

One of the ten recipes in the Adobe Workfront Customer Reporting Cookbook, “My Work, Ready to Start” submitted by the great, knowledgeable and oh, so, helpful, @Sarah Nau‚ from Dominium, is perfect for workers inside of Workfront to show them what tasks they have coming up in the next two weeks or tasks that are overdue. This report also shows the project name, parent task name, and the last update with who it was made by and when. Find it on page 12 of the cookbook!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Sarah's one of my favorite posters and always gives good-value answers, and this report is a good example of that. I don't really want to suggest anything except a hint for beginner cooks who really struggle with the basics of how things are done in reporting. Sarah's served up a finished cookie of a recipe here but it's easy enough to deconstruct by simply taking out every line that has the word "sharecol" in it.

When you do this, it breaks everything down into its component parts and there you have it: deconstructed cookie in individual columns. It lets you understand what each ingredient was, and improve on them (for example, I went back and added titles in front of my project and parent task names, and then reconstructed my cookie) -- or use the same ingredients in other reports (I think the whole back end of the report can pretty much be shifted into an issue report but even if it couldn't, I have clues now on the fields I would want to use in a different report)

I really love sharecol reports but they were super overwhelming the first few times. Becoming familiar with how to remove all the sharecols and put them back helps build your ingredient knowledge and later helps you sub in other (or additional) ingredients.