Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Hide Formula (calculated field) from tip

Level 2
Hello all! I could not find the solution in other community discussions. I have a formula in a calculated field on a form. I have a tool tip that gives instructions to the user (on hover over), but it's showing the formula with the tip. How can I hide the formula on the hover over that my associates see? I've included a picture of my issue. The green text is the formula that I want to hide in the hover over tip. I appreciate any help! Thanks! Amanda Shotkoski Capital Group Intl - ASFT
3 Replies

Level 7
I think by default if you have a calculated field on a form, it automatically creates a ? hover over with the formula indicated. I have some calculated fields on a form (hidden for System Admin Use Only), and they are showing the ? hover over, and I do not have anything in the Instructions field. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 5
If you don't have a description the calculated fields show the formula. Add a description and that will replace the formula, even if that description is a space. Never mind, they've changed the logic and it shows both. Melinda Layten Technical Project Manager - API and Integration Workfront

Level 4

I think it has always been set up this way. When I created a 10 question risk score card a few years ago, it set up my questions and gave 3-5 single choice answers with a score 1-3 or 1-5 points as a rating scale. I put the formula in a separate field and then wrote the formula to look at the answer fields to award points given for each answer. We also had weighted multipliers for each question. In this way the formula is not mixed with the question. BTW, our "questions" could not use punctuation as it ruined the formula. So the were really statements that the user would award 1-3 or 1-5 points to the "answer" that best fit their project. See the two attachments. Chris Mueller HLUS: Holdings0690z000007ZhYmAAK.png