Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

HI, does anyone know if there is a way to add an 'editable notes' section to a TASK report so when in a meeting the facilitator can make quick notes directly in the report? I've successfully added a 'status notes' field to a project custom form which

Level 4

works great. However, I am unable to create an editable notes field to a task report. If I bring the project status notes field into the task report it's not editable nor does it serve any purpose except to display the last status note made to the project. We are currently working in the New Experience. Thanks, Kathy

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Kathleen,

I recognized your question from a few older discussions that might help you out!

This thread talks about creating a custom field for notes that you then add to the reports you want it on. This thread talks about how using custom fields don't have "version history" so it's probably something you should keep in mind if you go the custom field route.

This thread gets pretty detailed about the steps to do something very similar as well.

Of course, always interested to see what people say that they've been using more recently too!

Kyna

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Kathleen,

I recognized your question from a few older discussions that might help you out!

This thread talks about creating a custom field for notes that you then add to the reports you want it on. This thread talks about how using custom fields don't have "version history" so it's probably something you should keep in mind if you go the custom field route.

This thread gets pretty detailed about the steps to do something very similar as well.

Of course, always interested to see what people say that they've been using more recently too!

Kyna

Level 4

Thank you Kyna! That worked. You're the best!!!

Employee

Wonderful!! I'm so glad someone else had posted really helpful answers for me to surface. ;)

Level 4

Are there new links to the answer to this question?

Level 1

Im looking for the same thing!  The links above direct me to the Community page, not a specific thread.