Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Help with task ordering

Level 5

We want to reorder the Task Statuses, but the order we shift them to on Setup>Project Preferences>Statuses. We can do that just fine, but the order is not reflected in any user's experience, no matter what Group they are in.

What trick are we missing?

We are escalating to Support but wanted to mine this site as well for answers, thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

in the setup area, which group are you reordering the statuses in, and what is the group of the project set to (that the tasks are in)?

Level 10

I had (and still do) some problems understanding this area. I

I went to each group and set the statuses the exact same way and then went to "system statuses" and set them up the same way.

They seem to work now (sorta) but I still don't understand exactly what the rules are.

Community Advisor

I also like to go to the Group > Statuses rather than Project Preferences > Statuses, that seems less confusing to me.

But remember each user is going to see statuses in a different order depending on what group is assigned to the project they are looking at, regardless of which group that user belongs to.

Level 10

That's good to point out. It's a subtle but meaningful difference.

Level 5

We had this issue last week actually, with request statuses. When I escalated to Support, they asked me to try reordering statuses under Project Preferences and under Groups, try a different browser, and clear my cache and cookies... none of that worked! Now they are looking for a code fix for this and said they would get back to me early this week. Sounds like it's a wider issue than just our instance.