Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Help with filtering via text mode

Level 4

Hello!  I worked with a consultant to get the code below to show a list of tasks (1 line item per assignee, even if there were multiple assignees on a task) for tasks that have 0 actual hours.  I want to remove the "for tasks that have 0 actual hours" filter, but I can't figure out how.  Removing the first line, or the first 2 lines did not work.  Anyone have ideas?  Thanks in advance!

EXISTS:1:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS
EXISTS:1:$$OBJCODE=HOUR
EXISTS:1:ownerID=FIELD:assignedToID
EXISTS:1:taskID=FIELD:taskID
assignedToID=$$USER.ID
assignedToID_Mod=in

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

you need assignment report instead, you won't achieve this with task report, but you can easily do this with assignment report. In this report use Assigned To>>Name field.

For any task you will get as many entries as you have assigned users

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Justin,

what you have here is called "exist filters" and their syntax is such that you cannot just have part of it. 
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/text-mode/create-complex-t...

If you need another filter now, than this has to be modified accordingly or removed if you no longer require that Exist filter

Level 4

Thanks Rafal.  Do you know the text code that will achieve what I'm looking for?  I'm looking for a task report that will show all tasks as 1 time item per assignee.  For example if there is a task with 2 people assigned to it, it will show as 2 line items - 1 for each assignee.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

you need assignment report instead, you won't achieve this with task report, but you can easily do this with assignment report. In this report use Assigned To>>Name field.

For any task you will get as many entries as you have assigned users

Level 10

Hmmm… When I paste that in as is, I get a Whoops! error.Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 10.58.45 am.jpgSome of this code makes no sense:

EXISTS:1:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS
EXISTS:1:$$OBJCODE=HOUR

The object code "hour" does exist, it's just zero. This code alone returns nothing in my instance.

EXISTS:1:ownerID=FIELD:assignedToID

OwnerID = AssignedToID returns only primary assignees, not secondary

EXISTS:1:taskID=FIELD:taskID

taskID will always match taskID, this seems redundant

assignedToID=$$USER.ID
assignedToID_Mod=in

This will return only tasks assigned to ME

Maybe I'm wrong but since this returns an error for me, I'd say it doesn't work.