Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Help with filtering via text mode

Level 4

Hello!  I worked with a consultant to get the code below to show a list of tasks (1 line item per assignee, even if there were multiple assignees on a task) for tasks that have 0 actual hours.  I want to remove the "for tasks that have 0 actual hours" filter, but I can't figure out how.  Removing the first line, or the first 2 lines did not work.  Anyone have ideas?  Thanks in advance!

EXISTS:1:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS
EXISTS:1:$$OBJCODE=HOUR
EXISTS:1:ownerID=FIELD:assignedToID
EXISTS:1:taskID=FIELD:taskID
assignedToID=$$USER.ID
assignedToID_Mod=in

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

you need assignment report instead, you won't achieve this with task report, but you can easily do this with assignment report. In this report use Assigned To>>Name field.

For any task you will get as many entries as you have assigned users

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 7

Hi Justin,

what you have here is called "exist filters" and their syntax is such that you cannot just have part of it. 
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/text-mode/create-complex-t...

If you need another filter now, than this has to be modified accordingly or removed if you no longer require that Exist filter

Level 4

Thanks Rafal.  Do you know the text code that will achieve what I'm looking for?  I'm looking for a task report that will show all tasks as 1 time item per assignee.  For example if there is a task with 2 people assigned to it, it will show as 2 line items - 1 for each assignee.

Correct answer by
Level 7

you need assignment report instead, you won't achieve this with task report, but you can easily do this with assignment report. In this report use Assigned To>>Name field.

For any task you will get as many entries as you have assigned users

Level 10

Hmmm… When I paste that in as is, I get a Whoops! error.Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 10.58.45 am.jpgSome of this code makes no sense:

EXISTS:1:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS
EXISTS:1:$$OBJCODE=HOUR

The object code "hour" does exist, it's just zero. This code alone returns nothing in my instance.

EXISTS:1:ownerID=FIELD:assignedToID

OwnerID = AssignedToID returns only primary assignees, not secondary

EXISTS:1:taskID=FIELD:taskID

taskID will always match taskID, this seems redundant

assignedToID=$$USER.ID
assignedToID_Mod=in

This will return only tasks assigned to ME

Maybe I'm wrong but since this returns an error for me, I'd say it doesn't work.